It’s that time of the year again, when people go crazy over the holidays. Last minute shopping, decorating the house, and putting decorations last-minute on Christmas trees are the main priorities in average households. But there’s one holiday tradition that gets everyone going mad during the month of December, the food. Christmas not only revolves around family time, decorations, and presents, but the feasts are a world-wide tradition as well. Kids, parents and teens get anxious, waiting for that special day everyone calls “Christmas.” But as kids start getting older, the parents realize it’s the kids time to pitch in with a few ideas for the festival feast. Here are some recipes for appetizers that are easy to make, in an appropriate and fast amount of time, so you too can contribute to the festivities.
1) Party Pinwheels; https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/party-pinwheels
2) Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups; http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/make-ahead-spinach-phyllo-roll-ups-89117
3) Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread; http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/christmas-tree-pull-apart-bread-3543373
4) Smoked Salmon and Caramelized Onion Stuffed Celery Stalks; https://www.marthastewart.com/1151020/smoked-salmon-and-caramelized-onion-stuffed-celery-stalks
5) Chicken and Mango Spring Rolls; http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/chicken-mango-spring-rolls-119880
6) Crispy Coconut Shrimp; http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/crispy-coconut-shrimp-83717
After the Christmas feast, people with a “sweet tooth” will be expecting dessert. Teens can be given the role to make the dessert as well. Here are some dessert recipes that are easy, and affordable.
1) Chocolate-Peppermint Striped Delight; http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/chocolate-peppermint-striped-delight-120492
2) Classic Snickerdoodles; https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/snickerdoodles
4) Salted Caramel Pie; http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/salted-caramel-pie
5) Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread; http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cranberry-white-chocolate-shortbread-66042.aspx
6) Creamy Marshmallow Peanut Butter Fudge;http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/creamy-marshmallow-peanut-butter-fudge-57411.aspx
With these festive recipes, the holidays will go by much smoother, and teens get to contribute to the Christmas family feasts. Happy Holidays!
Photo Courtesy by Almanac.com